2012 Conference Papers: Arnold Bennett: A Wider Canvas
The papers include:
- The Sound of Silence: Arnold Bennett goes to the Cinema
- It won’t bear skipping: Victor Hugo and the Clayhanger Trilogy
- A Curious Night in Ilam Lake: An analysis of Bennett’s qualities as an investigative journalist.
- ‘Some fair and some fairly awful’: Arnold Bennett and Art
- Bennett: The History Man
- From Altruistic Social Reform to Solitary Self-improvement: Pocket Philosophy and the self-help market
- The Entire Life History of Woman: The influence of French literature on The Old Wives’ Tale.
- The Creative Artist and the Book Trade: Jacob Tonson’s Books and Persons‘ Causerie in The New Age (1908-1911)
- Things that interested Him: Some observations on Arnold Bennett’s Journals
- Listening to the Agony Uncle: A brief survey of AB’s self help books
Available at £8 each plus postage from email@example.com
↩ Back to Books